1) What Is Well Wishes Registry?
Well Wishes is a 501(c)3 (Tax ID 86-3949060) gift registry for people who need assistance with various medical needs arising from catastrophic illness or accidents. Our website allows patients to create a medical resources registry to keep track of items and donations that they receive. In addition, the registry allows people donating to find those in need and makes the giving process easy. Our goal is to provide an organized way for family, friends, and the community to offer assistance that best benefits the patient.
2) Why was Well Wishes Registry created?
Well wishes registry was created to take the burden off of the person who is catastrophically ill or has a debilitating injury to answer the well-meaning question of “How can I help?” that is often asked by friends and family members and lets the patient focus on treatment and recovery.
3) How Can You Help?
The best way to help is to search our Campaigns Page and donate to someone in need. You can either donate by general monetary donation, or by browsing and selecting gifts from registry sites like Amazon, Target, etc (if they have those links in their profile description).
If you are unsure about who to donate to, you can always donate to our general registry bucket, and we will personally gift this donation to someone in great need.
4) Is there a fee to create a registry?
No, creating a registry on Well Wishes is free!
5) What Do I Need To Create A Registry?
Before registering for Well Wishes, you’ll need to create a PayPal account, if you don’t already have one. This is how the money gets transferred from your registry into your bank account and ensures your information and donations are secure.
- The email address you use for your PayPal account must be the same one you used when you created your Well Wishes registry.
Once you have entered your email address, you can begin creating your account for Well Wishes by entering information such as your name, a description of your situation and links to your existing medical registries through Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc.
6) How Do I Withdraw Money?
When you are ready to withdraw your money from your campaign, follow these steps:
- Go to your “Accounts” section on your Well Wishes Registry dashboard
- Navigate to the tab at the top of the page that says, “Campaigns”
- Click on “Payments” – this is where you’ll see all the donations that have been made to your account.
7) What makes Well Wishes Registry different from other registry sites?
Well Wishes Registry provides an organized service for people in need. Other sites claim that they do not charge extra fees when collecting donations, however, they have hidden costs, or try to force/suggest that donors enter a tip, which goes directly to the organization and not to the recipient. In addition, Well Wishes Registry allows you to:
- Raise money for your medical needs and day to day living without hidden fees and any hoops to jump through.
- Create a wish list of the items you need for home care from your favorite shopping sites.
- Keep friends and loved ones updated on your progress.
8) Why do I need to set up a PayPal account?
We partnered with PayPal to allow you to manage contributions/donations your way. You choose how to receive and manage the funds. PayPal has many options, however, faster withdrawals may incur service fees, so make sure you read the fine print. Well Wishes does not take a percent of donations given to you on your site.
If you have further questions or comments, feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we can answer you directly.